Unrestrained













Davey Richards vs Jakob Austin Young, Limitless Tournament (Future Stars of Wrestling)

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Thank you, Dr. L, for linking me to the third match of this late 2021 FSW match in Vegas. If I were a gambling man, I would have lost big on this one - but I don't feel at all bad about my misguided prediction. No spoilers here, though. Watch the fight for yourself.

Here's the good doctor's take on Richards versus Young:

"Davey Richards has aged some. He's also seemingly done some good juice, gone all buff and vascular, added some ink, gone back black briefs, and wears his characteristic arrogance as magnificently as he wears his characteristic sweat. Add that to an unusually well taped match and you get a winner."

I have seen Davey Richards in two live contests - see here and here - both longer ago than I care to admit to. Both times I had front row seats, better to feel the heat that billows like a mushroom cloud around the squared circle. No wrestler ever threw off more heat than Richards.

What makes Richards great? The guy's a classic or, more accurately, he's a link between now and the early days of black-and-white TV wrestling. That's how I see him, anyway. The aforementioned black briefs underscores my feeling, as do the volumes of sweat. If time travel were an option, he'd be at home wrestling Gilbert Leduc or Bill Melby

I haven't been to a live match in over two years, maybe three years. Shit. Now I'm getting depressed.


Visit Future Stars of Wrestling on Facebook here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more