Kid Q vs Animal












Animal vs Kid Q (PWP Wrestling)

PWP Wrestling is based in Montreal, where I happen to be right now. It has been nearly six years since I posted anything about PWP. It shut down during the pandemic but resurrected last month. This match is one of its recent outputs. Animal (in gray trunks) goes up against Kid Q (in white). Both wrestlers are new to me.

PWP is as shabby as it ever was, and I have reached the conclusion that shabby is what the company aims for. I used to complain about its contrived and amateurish bouts and slow pace, but just this week I have become enamored with it and its current roster of wrestlers. (Besides, "amateurish" and "slow" cover a lot of territory these past six years.) I figure (and I am only guessing) Kid Q and Animal are go-go boys at one of a number of strip clubs on Rue Sainte-Catherine at the center of The Village (fka Gay Village), clubs such as CAMPUS, which I visited last night (WOW WOW).

Both wrestlers are muscular and sell their moves impressively. Kid Q has a sexy French-Canadian accent. Animal has imposing mounds of hard muscle. No attempt is made to give the match a backstory or the athletes personalities beyond the fact that they are wrestlers engaged in wrestling - which, frankly, I find refreshing. Kid Q and Animal wrestle with little regard for an audience. Holds are held a long time, though, probably to please muscle worshippers and emphasize the strength of the holds.

I'm not saying the wrestlers lack characterization. The performance is natural, neither too showy nor deadpan. I like the fight for its details: blasts of heavy breathing, knuckle grinding, hair yanking, the seemingly endless chokehold. Right now, this is the only recent PWP match I've seen, but I like it a lot and will explore more later - the glacially slow, tight kills especially.


Visit PWP Wrestling here.

Comments

  1. Awsome!!! I remember this video from like 15 or 20 years ago. I always wanted to see it, specially because Kid Q gets stomped in the balls (like in many other matches). I'm so excited to finally see at least some gif action from this match. Thank you.

    V.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more