Heavy Blows, Etc.




 

 

 



Jack Norwood vs Brendan Byers, Catch Weight 12 (BG East)

The older I get the more I like big wrestlers. When a body hits the floor, I want the ring to rattle and quiver like a hotel implosion in Vegas. I still like hot youths with muscly asses, but now my guilty pleasure is taut round bellies and broad shoulders. (The root of this fixation was Big Sexy over at Thunders Arena, years and years ago.) I say "guilty" because I have paid too little attention to the big dudes. "Guilty" because my whole insides quiver when I see a heavy 230-pounder slam a lightweight to the floor.

Brendan Byers grew up in front of the BG East cameras. He was a slim, slick-looking kid in his early years. He was, back then, a twink. Then he disappeared for a while, making an awesome comeback taking on masked-man Musculo. He's been an unapologetic beast since then. I came to my admiration of heavy-set bosses over time, even before Byers, really. My heavyset gods include Alexi Adamov, Doug Brandon, Cliff Conlin, Ed Harte, Beau Hopkins, Johnny Lightning, Brad Michaels, Steve Sterling, Mikey Vee, you get the idea.

Brendan gives Norwood a good scrub and mashed balls. No real harm done, but gestures I feel deep down every time I see Byers in the squared circle.



Visit BG East here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more