Pretty in Pain 10: Kaito Kiyomiya Edition












Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kaito Kiyomiya, NOAH N-1 Victory 2020 (Pro Wrestling NOAH)

Young Kaito has a size and weight advantage over Katsuhiko, which seems to do him no good in these GIFs. As it turns out, he gives the more experienced wrestler hell before and after the last GIF above, but he suffers more beautifully. That kick mark on Kaito's cheekbone is not rouge, by the way. This match from three weeks ago captures what Japanese wrestling gets right. When I was a kid, I watched a lot of Japanese TV, and I sometimes think I caught the s/m bug because of it, but in fact I was thrilled at the violence of Mighty Mouse cartoons and old M-G-M Tarzan movies earlier, when I was living in Oklahoma. But to this day, Japan has a luscious shade of kink in its culture and media. 

Katsuhiko is a masterful punisher. His kicks, my God! I had to slow down the seventh GIF so my brain could take in the left-hook-slash-high-kick combo that backs the younger wrestler to the ropes. The way he sabotages Kaito's ringside attack in the first GIF is so quick and hard that it takes a second to realize what he did. Through it all, Kaito's facial expressions and body language convey all we need to know about what's clamoring around in his head. The 24-year-old is worth keeping an eye on. Pro Wrestling Illustrated  listed him as #36 among the top 500 wrestlers in 2020 (Katsuhiko ranked #174).


Want to see more pretties in agony? Here are links to previous posts in this series:












Visit Pro Wrestling NOAH here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more